Designing the future world of work with next-generation production systems
What are digital operating systems?
Success in a fast-changing world demands adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to evolve. Digital operating systems (DOS) represent an emerging approach to production systems that harmonizes lean and continuous improvement principles with smart manufacturing. The focus is on improving day-to-day operations and organizational efficiency through advanced analytics and enhanced digital capability.
Speed and agility are the new competitive imperatives ‒ transitioning to DOS will ensure that nimble manufacturing operations become the bedrock of an intelligent, connected, digital supply chain. Organizations now stand at the threshold of transformational change, but to unlock the benefits of DOS, they will need to align people, practices and processes with new technologies
Why should organizations transition to DOS now?
Companies can no longer afford to ignore digital disruption. The rapid pace of digitalization highlights the urgent need for organizations to evolve or get left behind. While DOS won’t change the fundamental purpose of corporate production systems, they will recalibrate the way they are built and run. Proactively adopting new operating systems and associated technologies will result in greater levels of efficiency and sustained competitive advantage.
What are the key considerations when implementing DOS?
Understanding your organization’s level of digital and best practice maturity, as well as your current state of operations and value chain alignment, is the first step in the transition to DOS. This insight will help you shape your vision for the journey and develop an implementation road map that unlocks digital capability across all facets of your business.
A holistic DOS implementation road map will focus on:
- Defining your digital transformation strategy and goals
- Building digital skills across the organization
- Implementing advanced technologies to drive greater efficiency
- Putting processes in place to support a digital factory
- Standardizing processes to replicate successes across the value chain
- Harnessing real-time data to speed up decision-making
- Ensuring operations best practices are embedded across the manufacturing network
- Aligning all the elements of the supply chain towards achieving sustainable performance improvement across the
end-to-end demand-driven value chain network
More Details: https://traccsolution.com/digital-operating-systems/#:~:text=Digital%20operating%20systems%20(DOS)%20represent,analytics%20and%20enhanced%20digital%20capability.